Wednesday, 24 March 2021

THE BLACK MAN'S BURDEN

 


 

Take up the Black Man’s burden

treated like an animal, 

we are beasts that have to be tamed.

 

I put all my forces into my survival

this cannot be the life I was born for

this is a living hell.

 

Forced to work every hour of every day 

since they came here to my motherland, 

they think they are superior.


It upsets me that they do not realize

without our presence, they would be nothing, 

they would have nothing.

 

They are starving us, they are whipping us 

we are prisoners seeking freedom

looking for some dignity and some respect.

 

When I have the illusion to be free, 

or at least when I can let my mind travel  

I dream of my land without this white cruelty. 

Chiara Zadra


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

CRIME TIME

   By Asia Tuzza and Isaia Zanella, 4L